How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident at Work Claim in Kilwinning

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Kilwinning

    Talking to your Employer about Hazards and When to Make an Accident at Work Claim

    As you go about your job, you are more likely to notice potential hazards and dangers than your manager is, because you are actually working with the equipment and doing the job. For this reason, sometimes it will come down to you to let your manager know when there is a problem which needs to be fixed. You should also try to give your opinion on how things are running, particularly if you are not happy with how things are working, and believe things will be safer if worked another way. Here are some ways to approach this situation with your employer.

    • Make a note of hazards. As you go about your day to day life you should be able to make a note of any hazards you find. This will make them easier to remember when you do need to speak to your employer about them, and talk about how to avoid them.
    • Work out how they can be avoided. It may be possible to get rid of some hazards altogether, whilst in other cases it will be possible for employees to avoid them, and all employees will need to know about this. You can present this information to your employer to make it easier.
    • Be honest. If you have had an accident or made a mistake because of the hazards in your workplace, don’t be afraid to tell your employer this, as it backs up your opinion that the hazards need to be worked around.
    • Do your research. You could always do some research on other companies who have worked with the same sorts of hazards, and how they have gotten around these and protected their employees. This will help you and your employer to work out a plan which benefits you both, and helps to get the hazards back under control.

    When to Make an Accident at Work Claim in Kilwinning

    You can make an accident at work claim in Kilwinning against your employer if you are injured on the job, due to a hazard that your employer has ignored. If you have spoken to your employer about a certain hazard in the past, and this has not been changed, the fact that you were injured by this same hazard should make it much more likely than an accident at work claim in Kilwinning will be successful.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about making a claim, and how likely it is that an accident at work claim in Kilwinning will be successful if you go ahead. The team will be able to help you to decide whether or not it is a good idea for you to move forward with a claim.

    Date Published: 27th August 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.