It is a boss’s legal responsibility to make sure their employees are safe while they are at work. They should ensure the working environment meets all safety requirements. Failure to do this can lead to employees being injured through no fault of their own. The consequence of this could be making an Aylesbury Vale accident at work claim against their employer.
In this situation, as with most personal injury claims, the first thing victims ask Accident Advice Helpline, is how much compensation they are likely to receive.
How much compensation can I get for an Aylesbury Vale accident at work claim ?
This depends on many different factors, not just your injury. For example, how serious your injury is, how long it will take for you to recover, and how your injury will affect your life. Some injuries can be life changing, not just for you but for your loved ones as well. With other injuries, you will recover in just a few weeks.
This is all taken into account when Accident Advice Helpline assist with your personal injury claim. You can get an estimate by completing the 30-second test on our website, or by speaking to our friendly advisers.
How can your employer avoid an Aylesbury Vale accident at work claim ?
No one can promise that you will never be injured in an accident at work. However, if your employer follows the health and safety regulations, the risk of this happening will be greatly reduced. These are a few of the sorts of things they should be doing:
- Maintaining any plant and equipment in proper working order
- Ensuring that any safety guards and devices needed are fitted to the plant and equipment
- Adequately training the staff to use the plant, equipment and any safety devices
- Not letting staff who are untrained use any plant and equipment, and putting it out of use if there is a fault, until it has been repaired.
- Having a health and safety policy in place, and making sure all staff know the policy and implement it
- Having procedures in place in case of any emergency situation
- Making sure there are regular fire drills
- Keep a record of all accidents, no matter how trivial they may seem, in an accident book
- Report any serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Making sure employees have enough room to work in without excessive twisting and turning
- Providing the employees with any protective clothing they need, free of any charges
Making an Aylesbury Vale accident at work claim
The easiest and least stressful way to make your personal injury compensation claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. We have been dealing with claims for over 14 years. In that time, we have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled.
You can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Our friendly and professional advisors will guide you through the processes of your claim. They will answer any questions you may have, without putting you under any obligation or pressure.
Date Published: 30th August 2014