Accidents and injuries take many forms. Many people are injured in an accident that wasn’t their fault. Their accident may have been caused by someone else’s negligence or carelessness or deliberate action. But one of the worst forms of accident has to be an accident at work.
We go to work day in, day out. We spend much of our waking adult life at work. So we grow to rely on those around us in the workplace. Hopefully, most of us like and trust our manager or employer. But if you have been the innocent victim of an accident at work, then those managers and employers that should have been looking out for your safety have let you down. That can be tough to handle.
Your employer is legally required to keep you safe at work. There are laws and guidelines to help them do this. Your safety at work is overseen and regulated by the Health and Safety Executive. If you have been injured in an accident at work that should have been prevented, then your employer has let you down badly.
What types of accidents at work can be claimed for?
Accidents at work are sadly common. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have supported thousands of employees through their successful accident at work claims.
Here are some common examples of potential claims:Open Claim Calculator
- Your employer has given you a task that involves using a piece of equipment that you have not been trained to use and you are injured while using the equipment
- Your employer fails to provide you with personal protective equipment such as a hard hat, gauntlets or steel toe capped boots
- Your employer allows a custom and practice where boxes and deliveries are stacked in a fire exit and you are injured using the exit in an emergency
- Your employer fails to keep a safe working environment and uses the wrong cleaning products on a floor, making it slippery
- Your employer requires you to use vibrating hand tools but fails to schedule adequate breaks to ensure you don’t develop hand arm vibration syndrome
Do you need to make an accident at work claim in Abercynon?
You need to make an accident at work claim in Abercynon if you are involved in an accident at work that was not your fault, and was the fault of your employer or a colleague. If they have to deal with an accident at work claim in Abercynon, an employer is far more likely to make serious changes which ensure that the same accident never happens again, protecting all future employees.
To make your accident at work claim in Abercynon, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 to speak to the team and ask to be passed over to one of the experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers.