It is believed that roughly every seven in ten people who are entitled to compensation never make a claim. Unfortunately, this is because there are a lot of myths and misinformation about personal injury claims on the internet. In this post, we aim to expose these myths. If you’ve been an accident victim in Pendle and you want to find out about making a compensation claim, read on to discover more.
Myths about compensation claims
- It costs an extortionate amount of money to make a claim – This could be true if you go for a solicitor that charges per the hour. However, if you opt for a no-win no-fee solicitor, you will not need to make an upfront payment to proceed nor will you have the huge risk of investing money only to miss out on compensation, as you will only pay legal fees if your case is a successful one.
- You will have to go to court – Many individuals are put off from making a claim because they don’t want the stress or upset of a trial. However, it is extremely unlikely that this is going to be the outcome, as fewer than three per cent of personal injury cases result in a trial.
- You can make a claim whenever you like – A lot of people end up missing out on compensation because they have left it too long to make a claim. There is a three-year time limit on all claims and this begins from the date of the accident. Three years may seem like a long time, but court proceedings must be issued within this time frame, so there is no time to waste.
Have you been an accident victim in Pendle?
Now you know about some of the most common myths, the next thing you need to do is find a quality solicitor to ensure you don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve. Here is some top advice on hiring a solicitor in Pendle to help you out:
- Go for a solicitor that has been working in the industry for a considerable number of years
- Make sure they have worked on cases similar to yours many times before
- Opt for a solicitor that will work to a no-win no-fee agreement
- Read reviews to ensure they have a good reputation
- Choose a solicitor that is based in the United Kingdom
Call Accident Advice Helpline today
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, you can be confident that your solicitor ticks all of the boxes that have been mentioned, so don’t delay another minute when it comes to making a claim. If you’ve been an accident victim in Pendle, give us a call today on 0800 689 0500 if you are calling from a landline or 0333 500 0993 if you are dialling from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 7th September 2015
Author: David Brown