Have you been an accident victim in Lincolnshire?
If you are currently thinking about using the services of accident lawyers you will undoubtedly have plenty of questions running through your mind. After all, it’s unlikely you will have had to make a compensation claim before. You may be wondering about the process that is involved, how much compensation you could receive and whether you are eligible to claim with accident lawyers in Lincolnshire. Keep on reading to discover everything you need to know.
Claiming compensation for an injury
A lot of people do not realise that compensation is actually split into two parts. You have general damages and special damages. The former relates to the compensation you receive for your suffering. It will be calculated based on your injuries and how severe they are. However, the part of compensation some people do not know about is special damages. This is designed to compensate you for any money you have spent because you’ve been an accident victim in Lincolnshire. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular examples:
- Medical expenses – If you have had to pay for any prescriptions or treatment then you will be able to claim for these as special damages.
- Counselling costs – Unfortunately, accidents can often have a physiological impact. If you find that you need counselling to help you get through this, you will be able to claim for the cost.
- Loss of income – Sadly, a lot of people are left unable to work whilst they recover from the injuries. If you are self-employed or not covered by sick pay, you will not be able to make any money during this period, which is why you can claim for income loss.
- Childcare costs – If you have had to pay for the services of a childminder whilst you recover from your injuries you will be able to claim for this.
- Travel expenses – You may find that you need to use an alternate method of transport to get about whilst you recover, or maybe you have had to pay for hospital parking expenses.
- Repair costs – If your car has been damaged in a car crash that was not your fault, then you may be able to claim for the costs.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
If you’ve been an accident victim in Lincolnshire and you weren’t at fault, find out more about making a claim by contacting us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Call Accident Advice Helpline now and we’ll do everything we can to help with your compensation claim.
Date Published: 3rd May 2015
Author: David Brown