How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident specialist in St Ouen

    Are you looking for an accident specialist in St Ouen after suffering exposure to carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas which is virtually impossible to detect without specialist equipment. You can’t see, smell or taste carbon monoxide. This means that you may not be aware of its presence until it is too late.

    If you have been exposed to carbon monoxide, then you might be able to make a claim for compensation. However, you don’t necessarily require an accident specialist in St Ouen to make a claim. You could also contact one of our in-house solicitors here at Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about claiming for compensation.

    Carbon Monoxide poisoning

    If you have been exposed to carbon monoxide, then there is a good chance that you will be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

    • Headache
    • Nausea
    • General lethargy
    • Dizziness

    One of the other main problems with carbon monoxide poisoning and the release of carbon monoxide in general, is that the symptoms associated with it often mimic flu-like conditions, and can easily be missed.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Questions to ask yourself

    In order to help establish whether or not the symptoms you are suffering from could be related to the release of carbon monoxide you should ask yourself the following questions:

    • Is more than one person in your home affected by the same symptoms?
    • Do you (or anyone else) tend to feel better when you leave the house?
    • Do you notice the symptoms more at a particular time, for example, when cooking, or putting the heating on?
    • Are your symptoms worse in winter or on particularly cold days?

    If you answer yes to any of these questions, then there is a chance that you have been exposed to carbon monoxide and you might want to speak to an injury solicitor to find out about compensation.

    Accident specialist in St Ouen

    Our injury solicitors have helped a wide number of people who have been affected by carbon monoxide poisoning.

    One of the main groups of people who seem to be regularly affected within the home are those living in rented accommodation.

    Our injury solicitors know that as a tenant you should be aware that it is your landlord’s responsibility to:

    • Ensure that any gas appliances which are owned directly by the landlord are as safe as possible. This includes any pipework associated with the property.
    • A Gas Safe Registered engineer should be hired to fix any faults, and sign off on all repairs as being safe.
    • Arrange an annual safety check of all landlord owned gas appliances within the property. This will include fire places, heating, boilers and gas cookers or ovens.
    • Keep accurate safety records and provide you with copies to put your mind at ease.

    A landlord should also arrange for a working carbon monoxide detector to be installed at the property. If they have not done so it would be wise for you to arrange for this yourself. This could mean the difference between life and death for both you and your family.

    Why not give our team a call today to find out if you can make a claim? Our helpline number is 0800 689 0500 from a land line. Alternatively, call us from your mobile on 0333 500 0993. Call us today!

    Date Published: 12th January 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.