How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitors in Kirkwall

    Kirkwall is the biggest town and the capital of the Orkney Islands, so there may be a firm of accident solicitors in Kirkwall. However, as accident solicitors in Kirkwall and elsewhere tend to specialise in particular areas of the law, you may not find an appropriate one to represent you, so what can you do? Call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers given below and find out how we may be able to help you.

    Accident solicitors in Kirkwall

    You may be seeking injury solicitors in Kirkwall because you have had an accident in which you were injured, and you can prove that it was not caused by you. If you and your injury solicitors in Kirkwall or ones based elsewhere can do this, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. If you have been injured in an accident in the UK, you will usually have three years in which to file a claim.

    However, if you were injured in an accident at sea, in the air or at an airport, you only have two years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim. The same is true if you were injured during a crime — if you can prove that you were an innocent victim of a violent crime, you can make a personal injury compensation claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

    You may also be looking for injury solicitors in Kirkwall if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by the negligence of another person. The other person may be your employer in the case of a work-related illness, or perhaps the kitchen staff of a restaurant where you ate and subsequently contracted food poisoning. You have three years in which to file a claim for this kind of illness.

    Accidents at sea

    Whether you were a passenger or a member of crew, if you have an accident on a sea-going vessel then you may be entitled to make a claim for your injuries if the accident was not your fault and you can prove this.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The most common accidents on board a boat or ship are slips, trips and falls. If you fell over an obstacle on deck which should have been properly stowed away, for example, you may be able to claim for your injuries. Another common accident is that a person is hit by a falling object which had not been secured in an overhead rack. If you can prove that another person’s negligence caused your accident, then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think that you have a personal injury compensation claim to make, but you don’t know how to begin the process, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time on one of our freephone numbers. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or from a mobile call 0333 500 0993. Call now for expert legal advice.

    Date Published: 4th January 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.