When an accident happens, and you get injured, life can become very difficult. Even a minor injury will cause some readjustments to be made to your everyday routines: you might need time off work; you won’t be able to play your weekly game of squash; you could find it difficult to pick up the kids from school. There are many other inconveniences, too.
There’s clearly some potential for misery there, not to mention financial hardship, especially if you’re having to hire a childminder or a home help, and losing wages because you’re off work recovering.
But the good news is, you can do something about it. If your accident was caused by someone else, you could claim compensation for your injuries. An accident solicitor in Wyre Forest could take on your case, and if you win, you will be awarded a payment of compensation.
What kinds of accident qualify?
Anything could make you eligible, provided it was someone else’s actions or negligence that led to the accident. It could happen at work, it could be an incident in the high street, or it could be an injury because of a faulty product.
It could also happen on the road. An accident solicitor in Wyre Forest can help with all of these and so can we!
What to do if you’ve had a road traffic accident
There are certain things you need to do if you’ve had a road traffic accident:
1) Stop at the scene of the accident and exchange your details – name, address, and insurer – with the other driver(s) involved.
2) Call the police if necessary – certainly if anyone’s been injured or there is any property damage. Call an ambulance, too, if anyone needs urgent medical attention.
3) Get witnesses’ details. Road traffic accidents are often seen by someone, whether it’s a passer-by or a local resident looking through their window at the time of the accident. Take people’s contact details, because they could come in handy if you decide to make a claim.
4) Take pictures. Do you have a mobile phone? It should have a decent enough camera function, so you can take shots of your vehicle from several angles. Capture the damage to your car, as well as the driving conditions, and any damage to street furniture (such as lampposts or bollards).
5) Get medical attention as soon as possible. You might need to go to the hospital to get patched up and checked over, but even if you appear unharmed, you might be injured – so make sure you see your doctor as soon as possible.
Contact an accident solicitor in Wyre Forest
After that, get on the phone to Accident Advice Helpline to begin a compensation claim if you want an accident solicitor in Wyre Forest.
Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile – or text “claim365” to 88010 and wait for one of our advisors to call you back.
Our lines are open 24/7, our advisers are friendly and helpful, and all our solicitors work on a no- win, no-fee* basis. We’re also endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen. Why not call us now?