Accident Solicitor in Woodstock
Road traffic accidents can happen anywhere in the town of Woodstock. If you do happen to sustain injuries in an accident on the roads, you should follow our checklist of legal “dos and don’ts”.
Legal “dos and don’ts” following a road traffic accident in Woodstock
- Always stop after an accident. If you leave the scene of the accident, you may be considered guilty.
- Check for any damage to your vehicle.
- If you have a camera, take photographs of the damage and the location in which your accident took place.
- Exchange contact details with any witnesses to your accident and make a note of the registration numbers of the vehicles involved.
- Attempt to collect physical proof of the cause of the accident. If possible, gather details from the accident site and make a sketch of the precise location of your accident, including any landmarks. You should also take note of the weather conditions.
- Do not discuss the cause of the accident or hold anyone responsible, including yourself.
- If the police arrive on the scene and you think you may have been partly to blame, you should ask if you can arrange to provide a statement at a later date. You can then hire the services of an accident solicitor in Woodstock if necessary.
- If you, or any of your passengers, sustained injuries in the accident, you/they should visit a medical doctor at the earliest opportunity.
- Tell your insurance company as soon as possible. If you fail to inform them of your accident, you may breach of the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
- Contact the Accident Advice Helpline and ask one of our trained claims advisors to assess the whole situation and determine your eligibility to personal injury compensation. If we believe you have a case, we will match you up with an accident solicitor in Woodstock.
Hiring a road accident solicitor in Woodstock is more affordable than you may think
The cost of pursuing a road accident claim can be expensive. However, funding is available. The most obvious form of funding is the conditional fee agreement. Also known as a 100% no win, no fee agreement, a conditional fee agreement will enable you to hire an accident solicitor in Woodstock without paying for your legal costs upfront. For more information, call our freephone advice line and speak to our friendly legal team.