How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitor in Wishaw

    If you have fallen ill following eating at a restaurant, café or fast-food chain in Wishaw, you may have suffered from food poisoning. If you suffered food poisoning through no fault of your own, you may be able to claim compensation through a no-win, no-fee accident solicitor in Wishaw.

    What is food poisoning?

    Food poisoning is an illness caused by food containing bacteria or viruses. You may suffer from food poisoning if the chef failed to cook your food thoroughly, stored your food at the wrong temperature, touched your food with dirty hands or served food that was past its ‘use by’ date.

    The symptoms of food poisoning usually make themselves apparent one to three days after you have eaten contaminated food. They include vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach cramps.

    What should you do if you are currently suffering from food poisoning?

    If you are currently suffering from food poisoning, there is no need for you to rush to your doctor. Your symptoms will often resolve themselves without the need for medical treatment. However, you should consider making an appointment to see your doctor if:

    • Your symptoms are severe and have not shown any signs of improvement in the past few days
    • You have a temperature of 38°C (100.4°F) or over
    • You are showing symptoms of severe dehydration

    Occasionally, food poisoning can have a serious effect on your health, particularly if you are vulnerable to infection – for example, if you suffer from a weakened immune system or are over the age of 65. If you are at all concerned about the effects of food poisoning, you should not hesitate to seek medical advice.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Should you seek advice from an accident solicitor in Wishaw?

    Following suffering from a bout of severe food poisoning, you should receive advice on your entitlement to personal injury compensation. Whether you are looking for advice on making a claim or wish to pursue your claim without delay, a knowledgeable accident solicitor in Wishaw or us here at Accident Advice Helpline will be more than willing to help you out.

    To get in touch with us, call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 and one of our experienced claims advisers will be able to provide you with the guidance you require.

    Date Published: 17th December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.