If you have had an accident at work in Winsford, you may require expert advice to determine whether you are eligible to make a compensation claim with an accident solicitor in Winsford.
The company you work for is bound by law to provide you with a safe working environment. The management team must therefore assess the risks that exist in your workplace, and provide you with appropriate training and equipment.
Actions to take following an accident at work
If the company you work for breaches its statutory duties and/or acts negligently and their actions cause you to suffer from an accident at work, you must:
- Report your accident to a supervisor or manager straight away
- Record it in your employer’s accident report book
- Seek medical treatment from your GP or local hospital’s A&E department
- Collect contact details of any witnesses to your accident
- Make detailed notes of the accident while the event is still fresh in your mind
- Determine whether any similar accidents have occurred in your workplace in the past
- Retain evidence of any expenses you incur following your accident
- Consider obtaining advice on your rights from an accident solicitor Winsford
Receiving advice from an accident solicitor in Winsford
If you have been injured in an accident at work, you should consider speaking to one of the expert claims advisers here at Accident Advice Helpline. Alternatively, complete our 30-second test and we will get in touch with you.
Once you have provided us with your details, we will start an investigation into your case. During the investigation, we will:
- Ask you to describe the circumstances surrounding your accident
- Take down the details of any witnesses to your accident, as they will need to provide statements to support your claim
- Ask to see any photographic evidence of your injuries and the accident scene
- Arrange for you to meet with a medical expert, as we will need to determine the nature and severity of your injuries
After assessing your claim, our accident solicitors will send a letter to your employer. Your employer will be granted three months to investigate your claim and decide on their position. If they accept liability for your accident, your accident solicitor in Winsford will negotiate a compensation settlement. However, if they deny liability, your accident solicitor may start court proceedings. In most cases, your accident solicitor in Winsford will be able to settle your claim outside of the courts, meaning that there will be no need for you to attend a formal hearing.
Contact us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 14th December 2013
Author: David Brown