How can you avoid injuries in the workplace as a result of a slip, trip or fall? Such incidents are common in workplaces throughout the country, and any accident solicitor in West Lindsey will be dealing with several such cases at any time.
How do these cases arise?
Compensation claims through an accident solicitor in West Lindsey are made following slip, trip and fall injuries that have been caused by negligence on the part of a person’s employer. It is an employer’s duty to ensure that employees have a safe working environment, so if employees are slipping or tripping, it indicates that the workplace could be safer.
How can you avoid workplace slips, trips and falls?
Fortunately, it is easy to prevent accidents. If you’re a company director, or you’re in charge of health and safety at your workplace, why not think about the following points? In fact, it doesn’t matter who you are – workplace safety is everyone’s concern.
1) Make sure the floor is in good condition. Are there any worn bits of carpet? Loose bits of woodblock? Is there sufficient grip? If it needs repairing, make sure it happens.
2) Warn people about slippery surfaces or other hazards. You should put up wet floor signs after cleaning – and they should remain there until the surface is dry.
3) Cover any cables that are trailing across the floor. With appropriate use of sockets and extension leads, and by planning office layouts, trailing cables can usually be eliminated – and if not, you can get cover strips.
4) Grit any outdoor surfaces if cold weather is forecast, or if it suddenly becomes cold. This way, if there is any ice on the ground, the risk of slipping will be reduced.
5) Let there be light! Sometimes, a slip or trip can happen because you simply can’t see where you’re going. Bulbs and fluorescent tubes are cheap.
What if you need an accident solicitor in West Lindsey?
If you do find yourself injured after a slip, trip or fall, then you should seriously consider making a compensation claim against your employer through a ‘no win, no fee’ solicitor.
You can begin your claim now by calling Accident Advice Helpline’s 24/7 hotline on one of these numbers, or sending a text:
- 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010
Our website is there to help you
We also have a website, which is well worth visiting – it’s full of useful things. One of these is our 30 second test, which will tell you whether you qualify to claim. Another is our free compensation calculator, which you can use to find out an estimate of what you could receive if your claim is successfully settled.
You can also read our client testimonials and watch a video featuring our patron, Esther Rantzen, who is well-known to millions for her consumer rights work.
Why not call us now?
Date Published: 3rd November 2014
Author: David Brown