How can you prevent accidents in the workplace? That’s a question that we are often asked at Accident Advice Helpline, and we’re always happy to help.
Even though we’re a leading personal injury claims service helping people to claim compensation for accidents in the workplace (and elsewhere), we’re firmly in favour of prevention – but we can always provide an accident solicitor in Warrington in the event you need one.
Top tips for preventing a workplace accident
Here are some tips that may prove useful to you and your colleagues.
1) Have you had any near misses? If so, report them to your employer according to the health and safety policies and procedures in your workplace. Reporting a near miss may flag up that attention is needed in a certain area, and prompt someone to do something.
2) Do something about risks you see. Is there a kettle that’s been left too close to the edge of the worktop in the staff kitchen? Move it away from there. Is there a cable trailing across the floor? Get it moved or covered – or report it to someone whose job it is to deal with such things.
3) Clear up any spillages, or report them to the cleaning staff and request immediate action to be taken. You might prevent a slip and fall accident from happening.
4) Do you have adequate lighting? As the days get shorter in autumn and winter, you might find that you’re working after daylight ends, so you will need to see where you’re going and what you’re doing. Report any blown bulbs or flickering fluorescent tubes.
5) Read the signs – or request that they be put up. Are there any “mind the step” signs needed, for example? Try to put yourself in the shoes of a new starter. You might know that the corridor slopes a bit on the second floor, but would they?
Do you need an accident solicitor in Warrington?
Of course, accidents will happen. At Accident Advice Helpline, we have been dealing with claims on behalf of the victims of accidents since 2000 so there are very few things we don’t know about the problems, both health-related and financial, that accidents cause.
If you’ve been in a workplace accident that might have been prevented if someone had done their job properly, you could be eligible to claim compensation – and you can start right now with Accident Advice Helpline.
Call our 24/7 hotline
Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and speak to an advisor straight away. Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010.
Your advisor will take your details and, if you’re eligible to claim, pass them on to one of our team of no win no fee solicitors. An accident solicitor in Warrington will then work on your behalf with the aim of securing you a payout.
Any questions? Call us now.
Date Published: 1st November 2014
Author: David Brown