Accident Solicitor in Wallasey
If you have been injured in a road traffic accident in Wallasey, you may be approached by the other person’s insurance company, who will attempt to settle your claim directly. This practice is known as third party capture and it is tactic used when an insurance company’s policyholder is at fault.
An insurance company is legally allowed to contact you in this way. However, it is essential to realise that you do not have to accept their settlement offer. Since the other person’s insurance company will not have your best interests at heart, you should think twice before taking them up on their offer.
Factors to consider before accepting an offer from the other person’s insurance company
Following suffering trauma, you may be tempted to accept an insurance company’s offer to avoid stress and worry. Before you decide to accept an insurance company’s offer, you will need to consider the following:
- If you accept an offer, it might be much lower than the compensation settlement you would receive through an accident solicitor in Wallasey.
- You should not feel under any pressure to make a decision. You have up to three years from the date of your accident to make a claim for compensation, meaning that you have plenty of time to mull over the proposed settlement.
- If you have sustained an injury, you should arrange for an expert to assess the nature and severity of the problem. You should not accept a settlement until you have had the chance to consult with a medical specialist.
- You should not sign any paperwork unless you understand the consequences of doing so. If an insurance company offers a cheque and/or requests that you sign paperwork, ask an accident solicitor in Wallasey to look into the offer before you return the paperwork or bank the cheque.
- Do not use the accident solicitor recommended by the insurance company. You are free to appoint your own solicitor at any time and you should not feel afraid to do so.
Contacting an accident solicitor in Wallasey
Before accepting a settlement offer, please take the time to speak to an expert. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with experience of dealing with a wide range of road traffic accident claims and we will always be on hand to answer your legal queries.
To find out more, give us a call on our Freephone number, where our friendly advisers will be available to assist you, or take our 30-second test, which will estimate your compensation settlement. Call us free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.