Home may be where the heart is – but it’s also the place where you’re the most likely to suffer an accident and get injured.
Don’t believe us? Just look at RoSPA’s figures, which show that 2.7 million people each year will need hospital treatment because of an accident at home.
If you’re one of these people unfortunate enough to suffer a home accident, then you might draw some comfort from the fact that you’re not alone in being hurt in an accident in the one place that’s supposed to be a safe haven – after all, it can be embarrassing.
You could claim compensation
If your accident wasn’t your fault, you could be eligible to claim compensation through an accident solicitor in Vale of White Horse.
There are plenty of accidents that could happen in your home that aren’t your fault, and which might lead to injury. Here are a few examples:
- Faulty product injuries – you sit on a chair that you’ve just purchased, and it collapses, causing you severe bruising
- Inadequate work – you have a new door fitted, but the frame isn’t put in properly and the whole thing collapses on you, breaking your arm and cutting you in several places
- Poor maintenance – you live in a rented flat and the carpet is worn in places, which causes you to trip and fall, breaking your ankle
- Electric shock – you buy a new electric whisk and it malfunctions when you use it, giving you a shock
These are just some examples of the cases that an accident solicitor in Vale of White Horse might deal with during the course of their working week. Remember how many people get injured in their homes each year – a proportion of these injuries happen because someone else is to blame, such as a sloppy workman, a penny-pinching landlord, or a bad retailer.
Contact an accident solicitor in Vale of White Horse
If something like this happens to you, you could be eligible to claim compensation through a ‘no win, no fee’ solicitor at Accident Advice Helpline, who will be happy to take on your case and work on your behalf to secure you a payout.
You can check whether you qualify to claim right now, if you wish, by going to the Accident Advice Helpline website and taking the 30 second test. Once you’ve done this, why not get an estimate of the value of your claim by using the free compensation calculator?
How to reach us
We can be reached anytime, 24/7, via our hotline:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and await a call from an advisor
We look forward to hearing from you.
Date Published: 27th October 2014
Author: David Brown