Accident solicitor in Uphall
Cycling is becoming an increasingly popular mode of transport in the village of Uphall, and all over the UK. While it is an enjoyable activity for people of all ages, cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads. Whether you regularly use the roads as a cyclist or driver, you should adopt a common sense approach to make the roads safer for all who use them.
Advice for when you are driving
When using the roads as a motorist, you must:
- Look out for cyclists, especially when driving around a bend. Remember that cyclists may need to manoeuvre suddenly, especially if they see an obstacle on the roads or if the weather conditions are bad.
- Use your indicators to signal your intentions to cyclists, enabling them to react appropriately.
- Be courteous. Provide cyclists with at least half a car’s width of space. If you wish to pass a cyclist, ensure that there is sufficient space for you to do so.
- Avoid driving over advanced stop lines (bike boxes) at junctions. These lines enable cyclists to increase their visibility and get a headstart when the traffic signal changes from red to green.
- Follow the Highway Code at all times. Always stop at stop signs, give way at give way signs and follow the instructions provided by traffic lights.
Advice for when you are cycling
When using the roads as a cyclist, you must:
- Ride decisively and keep clear of the kerbs. Always signal to motorists and make eye contact where possible.
- Avoid riding up the inside of large lorries or buses.
- Use lights when riding in the dark or bad weather conditions.
- Wear reflective clothing to increase your visibility. You may also wish to equip your bike with reflective accessories.
- Follow the Highway Code at all times. Observe stop and give way signs, and follow the instructions provided by traffic lights.
- Wear protective equipment, including a correctly fitted, securely fastened helmet.
Making a personal injury claim with an accident solicitor in Uphall
If you are involved in a road traffic accident, either as a driver or cyclist, call Accident Advice Helpline on our 24/7 freephone helpline (0800 689 0500) and let us take down the details of your accident. If you decide to make a claim, we will not hesitate to assign an experienced accident solicitor in Uphall to your case. Your accident solicitor in Uphall will then work with you to settle your case in a timely manner.