Accident solicitor in Swadlincote
Situated in the heart of the National Forest, the town of Swadlincote is a vibrant, modern place to live. Home to over 170 shops and bars, the centre of Swadlincote offers a wealth of retail experiences that will keep you engaged for hours on end.
Unfortunately, shops are one of the places you are most likely to experience an accident. If you have had an accident in a shop and believe that your injuries were caused by someone else, you may be able to make a claim for shop accident compensation.
Shops can present may risks and hazards, including:
- Obstacles such as empty boxes, electrical cables and protruding shelving;
- Litter such as plastic wrappers, tags and broken coat hangers; and
- Damaged, uneven or slippery flooring.
Who is responsible for preventing shop accidents and injuries?
Shops have a legal duty to care for their customers and employees. Their management must therefore identify, assess and minimise hazards and risks on a regular basis. If you suffer an accident caused by the negligence of the shop’s management, you must:
- Report your accident to the shop’s management;
- Seek medical attention to have your injuries recorded officially;
- Gather evidence relating to your accident, e.g. photographs and witnesses; and
- Contact an accident solicitor in Swadlincote as soon as possible. Your personal injury solicitor will be able to inform you of your eligibility to compensation.
Helping you to make a claim for compensation
You should not feel guilty about making an accident claim, as the shop’s management should have kept you safe while you were on their premises. Whether you sustained cuts and bruises or a more serious injury, you should make a personal injury claim with an accident solicitor in Swadlincote. It is important to remember that the safety procedures followed by the shop will be improved following a compensation claim, which means that in the future, other shoppers will be prevented from suffering injuries similar to your own.Open Claim Calculator
The different sorts of injuries that can be compensated for include, but are not limited to:
- Broken bones;
- Muscular damage;
- Asbestos-related disease;
- Repetitive strain injury; and
- Back injuries.
It may be possible for you to make a 100% no win no fee* claim, meaning that you will not have to worry about the cost of instigating legal action. To find out more about making a claim, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and discuss your case with a helpful advisor.