Accident solicitor in Studley
The village of Studley is located on the western edge of Warwickshire. It is home to a large number of pubs, which are widely considered to be a cornerstone of social culture for local residents. Despite the best efforts of pub owners, pubs can be dangerous for many different reasons. They may be:
- Poorly lit;
- Full of people under the influence of alcohol; or
- Plagued by hazards such as trailing electrical cables, wet flooring and loose carpeting.
All of these potential hazards can lead to people suffering a range of injuries.
I’ve been injured in a pub – how can I claim pub injury compensation?
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a pub accident, you may be able to claim compensation if you are able to prove that:
- You suffered an injury as a result of someone else’s negligent actions;
- The pub was unsafe in some way and you were not warned of the risk; and
- You were allowed to be in the pub at the time of your accident.
The owner of the pub could be held responsible for your accident if they:
- Failed to employ an adequate number of staff so that hazards such as broken glass and drink spillages could be dealt with in a timely manner;
- Failed to install appropriate floor coverings;
- Cleaned surfaces with the wrong products;
- Failed to install adequate lighting above stairs or around other potential hazards;
- Ignored obstacles such as loose carpeting and trailing electrical wiring;
- Provided unsafe furniture; or
- Failed to take steps to make their pub safe and accessible for people with disabilities.
Another type of pub injury for which you may be able to claim personal injury compensation is an injury caused by violence from the pub’s staff or a member of the public. However, you will only be able to claim if you can prove that you reported the incident to the police and were not to blame in any way.
I want to make a claim – do I need to get in touch with an accident solicitor in Studley?
If you have suffered an accident in a pub, you should seek the services of a 100% no win no fee accident solicitor in Studley as soon as possible so that you can receive professional advice on your case. To get in touch with an accident solicitor in Studley, call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 and discuss your case with one of our friendly claims advisors.
Date Published: 12th September 2013
Author: David Brown