Keeping safe on the road is always important, and never more so than in winter. At this time of year, the driving conditions deteriorate – sometimes dramatically. Generally, the temperature is quite low and there is the risk of rain. But the weather can easily become severe – the threat of snow and ice is something that all drivers have to think about.
If you’re going on the road in winter, you must stay safe. The risk of getting into an accident is increased – just ask any accident solicitor in Stirling about winter driving, and they will tell you to avoid it at all costs.
Life goes on
Of course, you can’t stop driving in winter – you still need to go to work and do all those things that are necessary to function, such as shopping, taking the children to school, and visiting friends and family. It’s just a question of taking a few extra precautions.
Here are a few tips on staying safe in winter when you’re on the road.
1) Do you have to make the trip? If the weather’s bad, ask yourself whether your journey is essential. If it isn’t, then consider putting it off until it’s safer to travel.
2) Are you driving far? If you’re going on a long journey, check the weather forecast before you set off. Look at the weather for your destination as well as your own area. If there’s a risk of snow, don’t set off. It’s not worth it.
3) Make sure you’re fit to drive. You may think you’ll be all right to drive after only a few hours’ sleep, but you could be increasing your risk of an accident. An accident solicitor in Stirling would tell you to get plenty of rest – and avoid driving when you’d normally be in bed.
4) Perform checks on your car. The following things need to be checked regularly:
- Fluids (oil, antifreeze, washer fluid)
- Windows (for visibility)
Find an accident solicitor in Stirling
If you have the misfortune to be injured in an accident that someone else causes, you could find that life is difficult afterwards. You could need medical treatment, and recovery could take some time. You may also face financial problems through being absent from work and needing to pay for a home help or a childminder.
If this happens to you, you could claim compensation through an accident solicitor in Stirling at Accident Advice Helpline.
We have a 24/7 hotline that is always fully staffed by professional, friendly advisers, and you can reach one of our advisers on these numbers:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
Alternatively, text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will be in touch as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you – and helping you to claim compensation through a ‘no win, no fee*’ solicitor.