The compact village of St Agnes on the north coast of Cornwall is a popular coastal tourist spot. Offering four beautiful beaches, the village provides an idyllic countryside setting in which to relax on the soft, golden sand or surf on the white waves of the rolling blue sea.
Each year, thousands of people spend time on the beaches of St Agnes without suffering from harm. To ensure you stay safe while holidaying in the area, it is essential to:
- Always swim between the red and yellow flags when enjoying time at lifeguarded beaches
- Never use inflatables when the sea is rough or the winds are strong
- Check the weather and tide times before you head to the beach
- Read the safety signs as you enter the beach
- Know what to do if you get into trouble or see someone else in difficulty
If you get into difficulty while in the sea, stick your hand up high in the air and shout for help. If you see someone else in trouble, inform the nearest lifeguard as soon as possible. If you cannot see a lifeguard, call 999 immediately and request help from the coastguard. Do not attempt to rescue the victim yourself as you may put yourself in danger.
Common beach hazards
While you can take steps to protect yourself from accidents on the beach, you cannot control the actions of others. Unavoidable hazards you may encounter at the beach include defective water sports equipment and irresponsible beach users.
If you have been involved in an accident while on the beach and you can prove that someone else caused your injuries, contact an accident solicitor in St Agnes via Accident Advice Helpline and receive invaluable legal support and advice.
Accident Advice Helpline has been handling beach accident compensation claims for over a decade. We offer:
- 100% ‘no-win, no-fee’ claims
- A dedicated phone line
- Compassionate claims advisers
- Experienced accident solicitor in St Agnes
- Expertise in numerous beach accident claim types
Getting in touch with an accident solicitor in St Agnes
Starting your beach accident claim with us is quick and easy, and best of all, you can you start your claim today. Simply call our dedicated helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone or use our 30-second test and we will provide you with all the information you need, and assign you an accident solicitor in St Agnes from our crack team.
Date Published: 31st August 2013
Author: David Brown