How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitor in Sheffield

    Accident solicitor in Sheffield

    The city of Sheffield has earned itself an international reputation for steel production, with many innovations in this industry having been developed locally. While Sheffield has since grown to encompass a wider economic base, the city produces more steel than ever before. Today, the workforce benefits from a cleaner environment in which health and safety regulations rule supreme and although health and safety audits have reduced the number of industrial diseases, they have not eliminated them entirely.

    If you have had an accident at work, or developed an illness as a result of your working conditions, it is likely you are entitled to compensation. To get in touch with an expert accident solicitor in Sheffield and learn how you can obtain the full compensation you deserve, contact Accident Advice Helpline today.

    What is an industrial disease?

    The term “industrial disease” covers a wide range of injuries and illnesses received in the workplace. Common industrial diseases include:

    • Repetitive strain injuries – caused by excessive continuous repetition of certain tasks at work
    • Deafness – caused by exposure to excessive noise, such as that caused by loud machinery at work
    • Vibration white finger – caused by the use of vibrating machinery at work
    • Dermatitis – caused by exposure to hazardous chemicals at work
    • Asthma – caused by dust or chemicals at work

    Many industrial diseases take a long time to develop, meaning that you may not realise that you have suffered from an industrial disease until many years after your initial exposure to the cause. By the time you receive an industrial disease diagnosis, your employer may have ceased trading. However, this will not prevent you from filing a compensation claim as the insurers of your former employer will pay your compensation settlement and they may exist even if your former employer is no longer trading.

    Are you entitled to compensation?

    You will be entitled to compensation for your industrial injury or illness if you have been diagnosed with an injury or illness within the last three years and can provide evidence of a link between your pain and suffering and your working environment.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It is important to remember that all employers are legally obliged to provide safe working environments. If your employer failed to take reasonable care to protect you from an injury or illness, you will be able to claim compensation through an accident solicitor in Sheffield.

    Looking for an accident solicitor in Sheffield? Contact Accident Advice Helpline today

    Accident Advice Helpline’s specialist industrial accident solicitors are experienced in handling claims for most forms of industrial injuries and illnesses. If you believe you may have a case for compensation and require professional assistance with your claim, do not hesitate to call us and ask to be put in contact with an accident solicitor in Sheffield.

    Our numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from mobile. Make the call today.

    Date Published: 22nd August 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.