Accident Solicitors in Scunthorpe
Predominantly an industrial town, Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire is home to the UK’s largest steel processing centre and is widely referred to as the “industrial garden town.” Due to the heavy presence of industrial workers, it is reasonable to assume that industrial diseases are widespread in the town.
Types of industrial diseases
Industrial diseases include, but are not limited to, the following diseases:
- Asbestos-related diseases: Once used commercially for its desirable physical properties, asbestos fibres are now known to cause a range of serious health conditions, including lung cancer and inflammation of the lungs.
- Non-asbestos-related diseases: The fine powders in paint and metals can cause serious respiratory diseases when inhaled, such as chronic obstructive airway disease. They pose an occupational hazard for spray painters, welders and metalworkers.
- Hand arm vibration syndrome: This condition results from using vibrating equipment for long periods of time. Equipment such as drills, saws and road breakers are all linked to the condition. Sufferers may find it difficult to secure and retain employment in occupations that require manual dexterity as a result of this injury.
- Skin diseases: Dermatitis is a common industrial skin disease caused by exposure to chemical irritants in the workplace. The condition is characterised by red, cracked, itchy and sore skin. Labourers are most at risk of developing this condition.
- Hearing loss: In the UK, some 170,000 people are believed to be suffering from industrial hearing loss. Tinnitus is one of these hearing issues, which is characterised by annoying buzzing, humming or whistling noises in the ear.
Contacting accident solicitors in Scunthorpe following an industrial disease diagnosis
If you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease, you will need to contact accident solicitors in Scunthorpe in order to receive professional and sympathetic legal advice relating to making a compensation claim. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have extensive experience of helping workers like you to make claims for industrial injuries.
Specialist accident solicitors in Scunthorpe will handle your claim on a 100% no win no fee* basis with a view to achieving the maximum compensation available for your specific circumstances. Even if your employer is no longer in business, your solicitors will be able to track down and seek compensation from their insurance company.
Why suffer in silence when you could receive compensation for the pain, inconvenience and suffering that you have experienced? Call us now on our freephone helpline (0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) and speak to an advisor about making a claim.