Driving in winter is always a bit different. The harsher weather conditions mean that the roads become more dangerous, so there is always the risk of being in an accident that someone else causes. If you get injured in such an accident, you might need the services of an accident solicitor in Oxford.
Top tips for winter driving
You can always do your best to avoid getting into any scrapes, of course – and that you don’t cause an accident yourself – by following these top tips for checking your vehicle.
1) Check that your lights work. All the bulbs should work properly, and it’s a good idea to carry spare bulbs, just in case. Also make sure the lights are clear. Clean them if not.
2) Check your battery. Make sure it’s charged properly. If you’ve been doing a lot of short trips, your battery might be low on charge, so why not take it for a longer run or invest in a battery charger?
3) Make sure your windscreen is clean. In fact, all the windows need to be clean. Wash your car regularly and make sure that your wipers are good – change them if needed. If they’re leaving bad streaks, they need replacing. Top up the washer bottle, too – this is vital.
4) Talking of fluids, make sure you have your oil and anti-freeze checked, because these should be at their optimum levels, too. It may be worth getting them changed for winter.
5) Last but not least: make sure your tyres are legal. Actually, if they have a tread depth that’s greater than the legal minimum, even better. You can’t take any chances with the tyres – they are the parts of the car that are in contact with the road, after all.
This isn’t an exhaustive list
Obviously, that’s not all – there are other things that any car mechanic would check when performing a service. If you have a well-maintained car, it cuts your risk of being in an accident.
But you should also make sure that you are safe to drive, too. Sadly, there are many people on the road at any time who really shouldn’t be driving, and if you end up on the receiving end of their actions, you might need the services of an accident solicitor in Oxford.
Find an accident solicitor in Oxford
If you get injured in an accident caused by another driver, you could be eligible to claim compensation through Accident Advice Helpline.
We have been in business since 2000, providing personal injury claims services to the victims of accidents that weren’t their fault.
Today, we are one of the largest law firms in the UK, and we are endorsed by Esther Rantzen, the famous consumer rights campaigner.
You can call us now on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile – or text “claim365” to 88010. Get in touch with us for your ‘no win, no fee’ solicitor now.