During any working week, claims for injuries sustained in workplace accidents will form a significant portion of the caseload of any accident solicitor in Kirkcaldy and Dysart.
This is hardly surprising, since we spend a third of our day, roughly, at work – and, despite the increases in workplace safety that have been implemented over the past few decades, there is always the chance that something untoward will happen.
How do accidents happen?
There are myriad causes of accidents in the workplace. The ones that an accident solicitor in Kirkcaldy and Dysart deals with are those which arise because of someone’s actions or negligence – usually the employer.
Employers have a duty to provide their employees with a safe working environment. If you’ve had an accident and you were injured, it could be because your employer failed to make sure that the workplace was safe for you.
For example, if you slip and fall, it might be because the floor you were walking on had recently been polished, but there was no warning sign. How were you expected to know that the floor was unsafe? If your employer had ensured a sign was put up, you might not have your leg in plaster right now.Open Claim Calculator
Avoiding workplace slips, trips and falls
If you’re worried about slipping, tripping and falling at work, here are some things to think about. Read on and you might avoid having to contact an accident solicitor in Kirkcaldy and Dysart because you’ve been injured.
1) Had a near miss? Report it. You might have slipped but steadied yourself, thus avoiding a fall. But why did you slip? The cause might be remedied by your employer, so tell them.
2) Keep floors dry and clear. Seen any spillages? Mop them up. Noticed any obstacles? Get them moved out of the way. Open spaces and corridors should be uncluttered and spillage-free.
3) Can you see properly? Look at the lighting situation. Are there any bulbs blown? Are any fluorescent tubes flickering? The maintenance department needs to take action ASAP.
4) Are there signs in places where they’re needed? Not just on wet floors, either – what about a “mind your head” sign for that low door frame? What about a “mind the step” sign for the unexpected drop on the other side of the door? People need to know about these things.
What if you need an accident solicitor in Kirkcaldy and Dysart?
If you do require the services of a ‘no win, no fee*’ personal injury lawyer, Accident Advice Helpline are the people to call – and you can do this anytime, because this leading law firm has a 24/7 hotline.
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010
We look forward to hearing from you – and helping you.