Have you been involved in an accident that was not your fault in the last three years? If you have, then knowing what to do next can be difficult, not only immediately after the accident but in the following months and even years as well. Getting the best care following your accident is vital to ensure that you not only get the best care immediately following your accident but also to ensure that you are in the right position to make a successful compensation claim via an accident solicitor in Newton. Newton may well have plenty of firms for you to choose from but it always pays for you to get advice and to understand what you should do and when to give yourself the best chance.
important steps to take following an accident.
- If you require medical attention following the accident then you should contact your local G.P or local hospital straight away. It is important that you explain to them how the accident happened and how your injury occurred as this will be taken as evidence later on in your claim.
- If you were injured at work, contact your manager or health and safety officer immediately and make sure an accident report is completed and filed.
- If your accident was a road traffic accident or if it happened in a public place with people around you then notify the relevant authorities straight away.
- If you are a member of a trade union or other official body, speak to them as they will have a representative who can help you.
- Find out what will happen to your salary while you are out of work. Your local benefits office will be able to give you advice on what you may be entitled to.
- Look for a personal injury accident solicitor in Newton and discuss making a compensation claim. If you are looking for an injury solicitor, Newton may not have too many opportunities. You can deal with a national company who can deal with your claim via the telephone if this is the case.
- Speak to one of the charitable organisations that have been set up to help accident victims cope with their injuries and get their lives back to normal as soon as is possible.
Accident solicitor in Newton- What if someone contacts you?
You may find that companies are able to get hold of your details following an accident and may make contact with you out of the blue. You are under no obligation to deal with them but can take your time and find an accident solicitor in Newton. Newton may provide you with the answer you need or you can call Accident Advice Helpline and get no obligation advice from one of our trained advisers. Our lines are open seven days a week twenty four hours a day.
Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile today and discuss your rights to a compensation claim following your accident.