Accident Solicitor in Mendip


Mendip is the name of a local government district in Somerset, which takes its name from the Mendip Hills, a range of limestone hills that run from Frome to Weston-super-Mare. The district’s administrative centre is at Shepton Mallet, although the largest town in the area is Frome. The town of Glastonbury is also in the district. The name Shepton Mallet in part derives from the lords of the manor, the Malet family, while Shepton means ‘sheep enclosure’ and indeed, the wool trade made the town wealthy. Henry VII called upon the rich wool merchants of Shepton Mallet to contribute ten pounds to his war effort against the Scots in 1496.

Do you need an Accident Solicitor in Mendip?

If you have been injured in an accident which you can prove was no fault of yours, you may be thinking about making a personal injury compensation claim. To be eligible to do this you have to be able to prove that not only were you not responsible for the accident but also that it was the fault of another person. An accident solicitor in Mendip could help you to build a case to prove these facts. You may have thought that finding an accident solicitor in Mendip would be an easy task, but that may not be true. An accident solicitor in Mendip might specialise in one or possibly two areas of the laws covering personal injury claims,but you need an one who is experienced in handling claims for clients who were involved in a similar kind of accident to yours. For example, if your accident happened in a restaurant or cinema you would need the help of a solicitor  who specialised in accidents in public places, rather than one who mainly deals with road traffic accident claims.

How long do I have to file my claim?

If your accident occurred in the British Isles, you normally have three years from its date to file your claim. However there are some accidents for which you must make a claim for your injuries in a much shorter period of time. If, for example you were injured while a crime was in progress, you would have two years to file a claim through the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority. Also if you were injured in an accident at an airport, in the air, or at sea, you would only have two years to file a claim, as such accidents are governed by international conventions. To find out how long you have to file your particular claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline.

Accident Advice Helpline

You can call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time, day or night on one of our freephone numbers for expert legal advice, help and information about your potential personal injury compensation claim. From a landline ring 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. Why not call now?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )