Are you looking for an accident solicitor in Lesmahagow?
Visiting the accident and emergency department can be a daunting experience. If you have suffered an accident then this is something that you may find yourself doing, though. The basic principle behind any accident and emergency room across the United Kingdom is the same unless you have been admitted by ambulance.
Register at the reception desk and then see the triage nurse. Triage assess your injury and how urgent it is. You then wait to see a doctor. If you are lucky your visit could be quick; if you are unlucky you may have to wait several hours.
If you are looking to make a compensation claim you will need to find an accident solicitor in Lesmahagow. There may have local firms that can help and you will find plenty of advertisements in hospital waiting room. But following the first local advertisement you see for a solicitor in Lesmahagow might not be the best option. You might want to be sure that you are putting your claim in safe, experienced hands.
Accident solicitor in Lesmahagow – Simple First Aid.
If you have suffered an accident while out and about and feel that your injury is minor then there are some basic first aid procedures that can help you while you are waiting to go to the hospital.
- If you have a sprain or suspected fracture then keep the injured limb raised and as still as possible. This helps to reduce the swelling in the area.
- If there is a lot of swelling then you can apply a cold compress. This can be just a wet cloth, but a useful tool is a bag of frozen peas as these mould to the contours of the body. Always place a cloth underneath the bag so that the ice does not burn your skin. Don’t use any significant pressure.
- If you have a bleeding wound then cover it with a dressing and a light but firm bandage. The pressure will help stem the flow of blood. Wounds need to be stitched quite quickly so don’t delay in getting help if the wound is bad.
- Do not clean any wounds with anything other than salt water as other substances may affect the treatments they will use at the hospital.
- Don’t take any medication either, unless advised by a professional medical practitioner, as this may affect the pain relief the hospital can give you.
- Afterwards, always follow the treatment that the hospital prescribe; failure to do so can result in further damage or a lack of healing.
If you choose to visit a G.P. rather than visit the hospital then follow the above advice; if your visit is going to be more than four hours away then you can take some pain relief while you wait but always advise the doctor as to what you have taken.Open Claim Calculator
Remember that anti inflammatories will help reduce swelling. Keep all details of medical attention received to hand as you will need them when you make your claim through your solicitor in Lesmahagow.
Getting Help And Justice
If you want to discuss your injury and potential claim with anyone then why not call Accident Advice Helpline and get some no obligation advice. Call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile today.