What you need to confirm in writing once you have appointed an accident solicitor in Heston
Once you have found the right legal representation for your personal injury claim, you should confirm in writing what was agreed upon in your initial consultation. If you cannot find an accident solicitor in Heston who works on a no win, no fee basis and is willing to take on your case, call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or mobile 0333 500 0993 and speak to an adviser who can give you expert advice and can allocate a specialist to your case. You are under no obligation to proceed with your claim.
Points your confirmation letter should contain:
- That the law firm you appointed is happy to deal with your claim;
- The contact details, status and name of your day-to-day contact at that firm;
- How you will fund legal costs, what estimated costs are and any limits you might impose on spending;
- How long the claims process is going to take and that you can expect regular reports on progress made;
- Any other documents that you should furnish to your legal representative;
- When you might have to pay the defendant’s costs and your solicitor’s legal fees, if they are not covered by insurance or other means such as trade union membership for example and
- What complaints procedure is in place, if you are not happy with your accident solicitor’s services.
Accident Advice Helpline
Founded in 2000, Accident Advice Helpline is a compensation provider with a proven track record of some 13 years. During that time their legal partners have helped thousands of people win compensation and a measure of justice. All their legal partners work on a no win no fee basis and there will be a specialist available for every conceivable type of accident and injury within the fold of Accident Advice Helpline.
Their patron is Esther Rantzen, who has long been the UK’s most outspoken champion of consumer rights. She proud to promote the work of a law firm that can provide high customer satisfaction throughout the claims process and has such a high success rate for winning compensation.
For claimants who are unsure if they actually qualify or not there is the website – a simple 30-second test will assess, whether or not a claimant has a valid case for compensation and how much that might be. Not every personal injury case qualifies for thousands of pounds of compensation and you must decide, if it is worth your while going ahead or not.
Outlining your expectations in a letter to your accident solicitor Heston or other legal representative right away will avoid any misunderstanding later. Although most claims are fairly straightforward and can be dealt with over the telephone, some cases can be very complex, such as industrial disease claims or medical negligence cases.
Once you and your accident solicitor Heston or other specialist lawyer have agreed on everything in writing, your solicitor will prepare a letter to the defendant that will outline the circumstances of your accident and the nature of your injuries. The letter will be an offer to settle out of court, which the defendant can either accept or refute liability.
Date Published: 13th June 2013