How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitor in Hengoed

    The valleys of South Wales are popular with walkers, cyclists and in particular horse riders who enjoy getting up onto the mountain and admiring the views. You might think there would be no call for an accident solicitor in Hengoed. The area around the ex mining town of Hengoed is no exception. With so much outdoor activity happening on a daily basis there is always plenty for an accident solicitor in Hengoed to do. But do you know what to do if you are unfortunate enough to suffer an accident caused by someone else whilst horse riding the hills?

    Public highway – report the incident

    Accidents involving horses when on public roads should always be treated in the same fashion as any other road accident. The first thing you must do is call the police and make a report. If you or a friend are hurt then also ask for an ambulance, and of course, should the accident be bad you will need a vet to attend your horse. Nobody should move from the scene including the driver of the car until the police have attended.  They will need to make a report in the same way as if it was a two-car incident. Then you should consider whether to seek help to claim compensation with an accident solicitor in Hengoed.

    Off road accidents

    If your accident occurred on a bridleway or the open mountain then unless you or a friend are hurt there is little you should do unless emergency services are needed. You should however report any incident that has happened because of someone else including motor bikes, hazards and damaged bridleways. A bridle path should be maintained, if it not and has become dangerous it should be reported to the authorities.

    Accident solicitor in Hengoed – can you make a claim?

    The answer to that is yes. Even if you are on horseback you have the same right as a pedestrian or driver if the accident was someone else’s fault. If you have been injured then you have the same legal right to compensation as anyone else. Call Accident Advice Helpline; we have over 16 years’ experience in claim handling and will be able to offer you advice. The first call carries no charge and will involve a 30 – second test that will assess your eligibility.

    What next?

    Accident Advice Helpline will help you decide if you qualify for compensation and if you want to proceed with a claim will allocate your case to suitable in-house lawyer. To qualify, the accident must have occurred within three years, that it was not your fault and that you received medical treatment for an injury as a result. Many claims can be handled over the telephone. You will of course need full details of any treatment you received and details of witnesses and police reports.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Anyone riding a horse on a public highway is strongly advised to have third party liability insurance, this can be obtained from any recognised riding club or equine insurance company. Help Accident Advice Helpline to help you should the unthinkable ever happen. Call us now on 0800 689 0500 (from landline) and 0333 500 0993 (from your mobile) to start your claim.

    Date Published: 13th June 2013

    Author: aljaye

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.