Have you suffered a motoring accident in the Denmead area area?
Do you think you need the services of an accident solicitor in Denmead? Well, the town may have a few for you to chose from, but before you start your claim why not call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and get some no obligation advice?
From a mobile you can call: 0333 500 0993 all initial calls are free of charge and the lines are open twenty four hours a day seven days a week…
Getting started – accident solicitor in Denmead
Any accident solicitor in Denmead, or otherwise, will want to know the same three details; when the accident happened, what happened as a result and was it the fault of someone else.
If it was a motoring accident then there will usually be two or more parties involved, but deciding who was at fault is not always a straightforward procedure and you may have to be prepared for some long drawn out discussions. If you are unlucky enough to suffer a motoring accident then there are certain procedures that you should always adhere to.
Not only will they help you stay within the law but will help to make your claim process far smoothly in the future.
- Contact the police. The law states that no one should ever drive away from an accident without reporting it if someone involved was injured, an animal was injured, or damage to a vehicle or property was caused.
- The police will want to view both vehicles so they should only be taken to the roadside if possible. If you do not do this then you should report the event to the nearest police station as soon as possible after the event within twenty four hours of the time of the accident. The lack of a police report could greatly affect your claim chances if the other party disputes the cause of the accident ;and a police incident report is anyway required by law.
- Get medical help If you are unlucky enough to need medical attention at the accident then the emergency services should be called. Failing that have a friend drive you to the hospital; shock can be delayed and you should not attempt to drive yourself.
- Exchange insurance details with the other parties involved and also take names and contact numbers: this also applies at any witnesses at the scene.
- Contact your insurance company immediately and give them the details of the accident; if you cannot do this at the time then do it as soon as you are able to.
If you have any questions about personal injury claims and starting one then companies such as Accident Advice Helpline are always willing to assist you. The initial call places you under no obligation, but if you wish to pursue your claim with them then you can be assured that you will be in safe hands.
They have the support of Esther Rantzen who has been a supporter of consumer rights in the U.K for many years. The company have been helping people for over ten years and their legal partners, including an accident solicitor in Denmead or elsewhere, all work on a no win no fee basis.
Why not give them a call today and start making that personal injury claim?
Date Published: 8th August 2013