If you have been injured in an accident that was the fault of another person, you could be entitled to compensation. In fact you might have already tried to find an accident solicitor in Budleigh Salterton, for example or one near to where you live. However before you ring an accident solicitor in Budleigh Salterton or elsewhere, there is some information which you should have to hand.
Accident solicitor in Budleigh Salterton
An accident solicitor in Budleigh Salterton or one based anywhere in the UK for that matter, will ask you for the following information.
- The date of the accident and details about how it happened including the exact location. If you have photographs of the accident scene, these will help.
- The names, addresses and contact numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- Medical details such as the nature of your injury/injuries, the medical diagnosis and Details of any treatment you have already received and of any you understand you will have to receive in the future.
- If you are a member of a Trades Union, because if you are, you may be entitled to free or cost-reduced representation.
Other information which an accident solicitor in Budleigh Salterton may require include:
- Proof of loss of earnings, so you will need to show pay slips and perhaps tax details.
- Other expenses which you incurred because of your injury, such as receipts for prescription charges or taxi fares and so on.
- Insurance policies you may have (such as household or motor insurance) as these may cover any legal costs. (This depends on the type of accident you were involved in of course.)
- Any documents that can be used to support your claim, including photographs of the accident, your injuries and perhaps of you prior to the accident.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in personal injury compensation claims. If you have any problems with finding an accident solicitor near you, then call us and we can help. First of all, we suggest you visit Accident Advice Helpline website and take our thirty second test. This will give you an approximation of the amount of compensation you might get if your claim is successful. No one can say with accuracy how much you will receive as all claims are different; injuries range from minor ones to catastrophic and fatal, and accidents occur in very different circumstances. Each claim is unique.
When you have read some of the information on our website, you might want to call us for expert advice about any claim you think you have. You can call us at any time, day or night, 365 days a year. We’ve made it easy for you as we have two freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 for you to call from a landline, and from a mobile the number is 0333 500 0993. Why not call now to find out what we can do for you?