After an accident, your initial thoughts may not involve claiming compensation. If you were not to blame, then you are entitled to claim and an accident solicitor in Brighouse Bay could help you.
Accidents happen out of the blue and you are never prepared. If you have an accident, here are some things which may help you.
What to do after an accident
- The first thing to do is report it. If you are injured in a public place or at work, there will be an accident report procedure in place. If you are in a car accident, always inform your car insurance company.
- Try to get evidence to help your accident solicitor in Brighouse Bay to show what happened. This can go a long way to proving that you were not at fault. Types of evidence can include photographs taken on your phone, witness statements and copies of correspondence you receive.
- Get a proper medical assessment. In some cases you may not feel as if you need to see a doctor, but some injuries can in fact be hiding more serious ones. A proper medical assessment with make sure all your injuries are found and treated. This is not only better for you, but it helps your accident solicitor in Brighouse Bay with your claim.
- Take your doctor’s advice. This may seem obvious, but in cases where you are losing money because you are off work, it can be tempting to return before you are fully fit. This may have the opposite effect, as it could actually make things worse and prolong your recovery.
- Call Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you can to get the right advice. You can start a compensation claim just as soon as you like, but you do have a 3-year deadline.
Accident Advice Helpline
While you have 3 years to start your claim, it can be helpful to get advice as soon as possible. This can help you when it comes to recovering your expenses and loss of earnings, and makes sure you have the necessary evidence.
We are legal experts and our expertise lies in personal injury claims. We have been making successful claims for over 16 years, and we always work to get the best compensation for each and every claim that we make.
We also work on a no-win, no-fee basis, so if you are off work, don’t worry about the financial side of your claim.
Call about an accident solicitor in Brighouse Bay
Our team of friendly advisors have lots of information and can answer all your questions about making a claim. All you have to do is call.
If you call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, the call is free, or to call us from a mobile, just call 0333 500 0993.
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help, so don’t delay and find out about a compensation claim today.