Counting Down the Weeks After a Fracture
Broken bones take some considerable time to heal, especially in older accident victims. While children’s bones will mend within a matter of a few weeks, elderly accident victims often face complications as their bones are more brittle. If you’re running your own business and depend on doing your job without the nuisance of a brace, a sling and pain killers to get you through the day, you may face a certain amount of loss of income, as you will lack movement and mobility in the fractured limb and will be in some considerable pain for some weeks. Are you seeking an accident solicitor in Bridgwater for a case such as this?
- 0 to 3 weeks; the affected body part is immobilised with a plastic brace or plaster cast; doctors may use plates, screws or rods to align and keep the bone in place so it can heal correctly;
- 3 to 10 weeks; the immobilisation of your injured limb continues for a variable period, which will depend on the severity of your fracture, any complications such as infections, your general state of health and your age;
- 3 weeks to 4 months or longer; after the plaster cast or plastic brace has been removed by your doctor, you may have to undergo physiotherapy or do gently exercises to regain your strength of your muscles and restore mobility to the injured part of your body.
Staying off work for a month or longer while you’re regaining movement and mobility can have a severe impact on your business and family finances. If your accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence and occurred within the Bridgwater area within the last 3 years, you can claim compensation.
Call an accident solicitor in Bridgwater or speak to Accident Advice Helpline. A personal injury claim means receiving money for pain and suffering, any loss of income that resulted from the accident and getting reimbursed for any expenses you might have had as a result of your injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline or Accident Solicitor in Bridgwater?
If you can’t find an accident solicitor in Bridgwater prepared to take on your case on a no win no fee basis, you can call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993. Lines are available every day of the week, any time of the day or night. All their legal partners provide no win no fee legal services, which means you can begin your claim without paying any money upfront, provided you qualify for making a personal injury claim.
How Do You Know if You Qualify for Making a Claim for Compensation?
Visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website and complete their 30-second test, where you’ll be asked just 4 simple questions. If you qualify, a compensation calculator will give you an estimate of how much compensation you might get for an injury like or similar to yours.Open Claim Calculator
Generally speaking, an accident must:-
- have been the result of somebody else’s negligence
- must have occurred within the last 3 years
- necessitated medical attention as a result of the injury from the accident
If the above applies to you, there’s a good chance you qualify for compensation and can receive justice, too.