Claiming Compensation with the Help of an Accident Solicitor in Bridgnorth
If you tripped over a broken paving stone or fell into an unmarked ditch or freshly dug hole and suffered a bad sprain or strain in your ankle or wrist, and your accident happened in the Bridgnorth area within the last 3 years, you are entitled to claim compensation, provided the accident was somebody else’s fault.
Who is to blame? Whoever is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the stretch of pavement, where you fell. This may be your local Bridgnorth council or a company operating from a business park or a private individual, if you tripped on private land visiting somebody at their home.
The PRICE Procedure
Even when you follow the most sensible advice of how to speed up your recovery, you will still be limping about for a couple of weeks or be forced to wear a bandage and not use your wrist until it is better for quite some time. If you are self-employed or get paid by the hour as a temporary or contract worker, any loss of income will affect you greatly. An accident solicitor in Bridgnorth or other specialist solicitor will include such loss of income in your personal injury claim.
With sprains and strains it is important to follow the PRICE procedure to speed up the healing process. What does PRICE stand for?
- Protect the injured part of your body from further damage or strain;
- Rest the injured muscle of joint for the initial 48 to 72 hours;
- Ice helps to keep the swelling down. Apply a cold compress to your injured joint or muscle by wrapping crushed ice or a packet of frozen vegetables into a clean damp tea towel and place it gently on the affected body part for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. Be sure to use a tea towel to protect your skin from the “burn effect” ice can have;
- Compress or bandage the injured body part to keep the swelling down and to restrict movement. You can use crêpe or elastic or tubular bandages you can buy at a chemist’s. You’ll need to remove the bandage before going to sleep at night;
- Elevate the injured joint or muscle by supporting it with a pillow or firm cushion.
Accident Advice Helpline or Accident Solicitor in Bridgnorth?
If you cannot find a no win no fee accident solicitor in Bridgnorth right away, you can call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993. Lines are available every day of the week, day or night. All their legal partners work on a no win no fee basis, which means you can start your claim right away, without paying any money upfront, provided you qualify for making a personal injury claim. How do you know, if you qualify for compensation?
You can either call an accident solicitor in Bridgnorth for an initial consultation or visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website. Complete their 30-second test, where you’ll be asked 4 simple questions. If you qualify, a compensation calculator will give you an estimate of how much compensation you might get for an injury like yours.
Date Published: 2nd July 2013