Preventing and treating shock at the scene of an accident
Nearly 18 million people in the UK end up at an accident and emergency (A&E) department every year. Not all accident victims are to blame for their injuries – sometimes a negligent party has caused an accident in which somebody else got hurt. If you are at the scene of an accident in Brickendon and have witnessed for example how a careless motorist has knocked over a pedestrian, there are several things you can do to help. If you have some knowledge of first aid, you can take some simple steps to prevent an accident victim from going into medical shock.
- Call an ambulance right away, especially when dealing with an injured child, an elderly casualty or a pregnant accident victim.
- Be sure to treat any obvious injuries such as bleeding, if you have learned during first aid training how to do this.
- Make sure as best as you can the accident victim doesn’t have a back injury, then lay the injured person down. Support their legs above the level of their heart and ensure their head is kept low.
- If you have anything to hand that will cover the accident victim, try to keep them warm.
- Talk to them and reassure them that medical professionals are on their way;
- Don’t allow the accident victim to eat, drink or smoke and prevent them from moving unnecessarily.
But there’s something else you can do that is important for the injured person’s recovery: you can take pictures on your mobile phone, provided the injured person gives their permission. Photographic evidence taken at the scene of the accident can support an injury claim and can help an accident solicitor in Brickendon to win compensation for the accident victim later on.
Making an injury claim with an accident solicitor in Brickendon
If you want to know if you qualify for making an injury claim, visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website and follow their simple questionnaire, which will prompt you step by step. The whole process takes just half a minute and when it’s done, you’ll know if you qualify and how much compensation you might get, if an accident solicitor in Brickendon wins your claim.
These are the simple questions you need to answer:
- was your accident the result of somebody else’s negligence?
- did your accident happen within the last 3 years?
- did you seek medical treatment for your injuries?
- which part of your body got hurt in the accident?
Accident Advice Helpline is a compensation provider with more than 10 years of experience in the field of personal injury claims. All their legal partners work on a no win no fee* basis.
If you cannot find a local accident solicitor in Brickendon prepared to handle your claim on a no win no fee* basis, call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 and speak to a friendly advisor about your claim. You are under no obligation to go ahead but if you wish to make a claim, the advisor will assign your case to an accident solicitor in Brickendon or other specialist solicitor best suited to your case.
You might receive a pleasant shock when you hear how much compensation you might be entitled to!