How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitor in Bowmore

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Bowmore

    It’s a sad fact that motorists do not take enough care of cyclists when they are driving. Many cycling accidents are caused because car drivers and those who drive much larger vehicles are not careful enough about cyclists. If you are a cyclist you might recognize some of these scenarios.


    If your wheel got caught in a pothole and you fell off your bike and were injured, then it is possible that you could claim personal injury compensation from your local authority. The local authority or council is responsible for maintaining roads, and failure to do so could be legally construed as negligence on their behalf.

    Hit by a car door

    If you have been knocked off your bike and suffered an injury, then you are not to blame, as it is the driver or passenger who should have looked before opening the door that hit you. It is not the fault of the cyclist riding too close to a parked car.

    If you were knocked off your bike by a passenger door, then you need to contact an accident solicitor in Bowmore, or one who has offices near to where you live. An accident such as this should be covered by the car driver’s (owner’s) insurance, but some insurers may argue that a passenger is not covered by the driver’s insurance policy.

    Cycling on the pavement

    The law states clearly that you shouldn’t cycle on a pavement, but it would be unusual for a child aged under sixteen to be given a Fixed Penalty Notice. If the case goes to court the maximum fine is £500. If you hit a pedestrian, you could be liable for a compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Slips on oil

    If your bike slipped because of oil spilled on the road, you could claim personal injury compensation from the Motor Insurer’s Bureau, if it was an unknown person who deposited the oil on the road. However in a case such as this the accident should be reported to the police immediately, or as soon as possible.

    Pedestrians and bike accidents

    You can, in some instances, claim personal injury compensation if a pedestrian is negligent. This might be that he or she steps into the road without looking and you and your bike crash into him/her. However, you would have to seek the advice of an accident solicitor in Bowmore (for example).

    Accident solicitor in Bowmore

    If you have had any kind of accident and suffered an injury because of it, then, if you can prove the accident was not your fault but caused by another person’s negligence, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation. You have to file a claim within three years of the date of the accident according to the law. If you have any difficulty in finding an accident solicitor in Bowmore, or one elsewhere in the UK, then you should consider contacting Accident Advice Helpline.

    Accident Advice Helpline can help you

    Accident Advice Helpline specialises in personal injury compensation claims and will give you expert advice. You can check us out on our website and then you may want to phone us on one of our freephone numbers, which are 0800 689 0500 for landlines or for mobiles, 0333 500 0993. Call us at anytime; the lines are always open.

    Date Published: 27th June 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.