How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident solicitor in Bourne

    If you or a close relative have been the victim of a crime and suffered an injury as a result, you may be entitled to claim personal injury compensation. If a fatal injury occurred, then the remaining spouse, partner or child may be eligible to claim compensation. Any such compensation payment would be expected to cover the funeral costs as well as compensation for the loss.

    To qualify to make a criminal injuries claim, the crime must have happened in Scotland, England or Wales and the injury must be serious enough for you to expect upwards of £1000 in damages. You will also need a crime reference number from the police and you must be able to prove that you did not provoke an attack in any way. In other words, if you were involved in a fight and provoked your assailant in any way, you would not qualify for compensation. You may be able to claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), but you will need the services of an accident solicitor in Bourne, or one elsewhere to do this.

    Accident solicitor in Bourne

    Whatever kind of accident you have had in which you received an injury, then you have to prove that it was not your fault, but caused because of negligence on the part of another person. You also have to file a compensation claim within three years of the accident. Similarly if you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness, you have to file any claim within three years of first being told that you have an occupational disease.

    There are many types of accidents and injuries and you need an accident solicitor in Bourne or one near where you live, who is experienced in handling compensation claims in cases such as yours. If you are unable to find one with sufficient expertise, then you could think about contacting Accident Advice Helpline.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    First of all why not visit our Accident Advice Helpline website? There is a wealth of information on it, some of which might help you to understand what is involved in making a personal injury compensation claim. While you are in the site, you will notice that our patron is Esther Rantzen, one of the earliest champions of consumer rights in the UK. You will also find our thirty second test on the site’s landing page and you can take this to find out how much (an estimate only as no one can calculate it precisely) you could get if your claim is successful.

    Open Claim Calculator

    After that, you could call us for expert advice on one of our freephone numbers: 0800 689 0500 for landlines and 0333 500 0993 for mobiles. As it says on the website, the lines are always open, so us call at any time.

    Date Published: 24th June 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.