Any accident solicitor in Blockley could tell you that the law protects all people who get hurt because of someone else’s mistakes or negligence. If someone is hurt and somebody else is to blame, they can file a personal injury claim and ask to be compensated for it. The type of accidents people file injury claims for vary from:
- Accidents at home, like accidents with appliances that are poorly designed, that blow up in your hands or injure you in any way
- Accidents at work, because the employer did not supply proper work conditions, like a suitable space and safe equipment
- Slips, trips, and falls that can happen in any public space because somebody forgot to pull a rug or place a “wet floor” sign
- Road traffic accidents. We all know exactly what we mean by this, they are all over the news, every day. However, it can also include more mild injuries like whiplash injuries. These are the type of injuries that many people don’t file injury claims for. They think that since it’s not an open wound, it’s hard to prove and it will generate more trouble than benefits. However, that’s not the case. With a good legal adviser, you have more chances to win a personal injury claim. And you shouldn’t discard it, you should ask for what’s yours, and the law says that you’re entitled to a compensation.
An accident solicitor in Blockley could tell you if you qualify
If you talk to any accident solicitor in Blockley you will find out the two main variables that influence whether you qualify or not to make a personal injury claim.
- The first one: who was to blame for your injury. If it happened out of your own fault you will have to suffer the consequences. If someone else is to blame, be they a person, a company or a public institution, you are entitled to file a claim against them and request what’s yours.
- The second variable is the time frame. While most people tend to file their personal injury claim during the first year following the injury, legally they have three years to do it. If you allow more time to pass, go exceed the legal time frame and do not qualify anymore to make the claim.
The 30 second calculator
If you still have doubts whether you qualify or not, you should try the 30 second calculator. Accident Advice Helpline has built this tool for people like you, who would like to know as soon as possible if they are entitled to claim for compensation or not. The calculator is located on our homepage and consists of four easy questions. In less than a minute you know if you qualify to make a claim, and also you get an estimate of the compensation money you will receive. Or you can call us on 0800 689 0500 and on 0333 500 0993 on your mobile and ask us to help you find your accident solicitor in Blockley or wherever else you happen to be located.
Date Published: 19th June 2013