If you have been injured in an accident in Sefton, and someone else was to blame for that accident happening then you are probably here because you are thinking about claiming personal injury compensation.
We are Accident Advice Helpline, a national law firm with over ten years of experience in personal injury law. We have a team of experienced solicitors who will be able to help you with your claim, and hopefully get you your compensation. But there are some things you can do to help your claim along:
- While your Sefton accident is still fresh in your mind, write a brief account of that accident. Include anything you can remember, whether you think it will be relevant or not.
- If you didn’t receive any medical attention after your accident, go and see your doctor. Even if you feel okay now, your visit will go on your medical record; and your injury or illness may worsen, as is sometimes the case with muscular and back injuries.
- Take photos of any visible injuries, damaged clothing and personal items and if possible/ applicable the scene of your Sefton accident.
- Keep a log of any costs arising from your accident, such as receipts from child minders and taxi drivers, and keep hold of your bank statement if it shows a dip in income from earnings or bank charges resulting from a period off work while you recovered.
- If you have any reason to suspect a law may have been broken in the circumstances surrounding your accident, then report this to the police.
You can claim compensation for any injury or illness caused by your Sefton accident, however serious. Your claim will also take into account any financial losses your accident or injury caused you. These losses may include:
- Lost earnings
- Travel expenses
- The cost of care or private medical treatment
- Child care
- Money spent replacing clothing or personal items damaged in your accident
- Money spent on a holiday, outing or event that you were unable to attend because of your injury.
Your solicitor will guide you through what to include on your claim form, and if you choose to file a claim through us, the solicitor we assign to your case will do their best to get you the maximum compensation award possible.
For an estimate of how much compensation you may be owed, use the 30-Second Compensation Calculator on our website.
We have made thousands of successful claims since we were founded back in 2000. If you would like us to claim compensation for your Sefton accident, or if you would like more information about the claiming process then please call us now on 0800 069 0500 from a landline. Or call 0333 500 0993 if using a mobile.
Calls to Accident Advice Helpline do not put you under any obligation to claim through us and all calls are kept confidential.
Date Published: 28th June 2014
Author: David Brown