Accident in a public place


Being injured in an accident in a public place is actually more likely than you might realise. When you consider all the public places many of us visit on a daily basis, from the high street to leisure centres, the council offices and shopping centres, it’s easy to see how an accident could easily happen. If you’ve been the victim of somebody else’s negligence and you’re wondering if you could claim compensation, you could get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you’re eligible for personal injury compensation. It doesn’t matter how minor or serious your injuries; you could be entitled to claim compensation for your pain, suffering and loss of earnings.

How have you been injured?

Slips, trips and falls are the most common types of accidents to happen in public. For example, you could trip on damaged flooring in a shopping centre, slip on a wet floor at the leisure centre or trip on a broken kerb on the high street. Even if you’ve been injured in another type of accident in a public place, you could still claim compensation for your injuries. You may have broken your ankle, suffered a head injury or even been struck down by food poisoning after dining out at a food court or restaurant.

There’s a three-year time limit in place to make a personal injury claim, so make sure you don’t wait around too long to get in touch with us to find out if you have a viable claim. Many people don’t realise they’re able to claim even for minor injuries such as a back injury or a sprained ankle.

Making a claim for your accident in a public place

Anybody who has been injured in an accident in a public place should seek advice from a personal injury lawyer, and that’s where Accident Advice Helpline can help. It’s completely free to call our advice line to get confidential advice from our expert team of advisors. Just pick up the phone and call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile – there is no obligation to proceed with a claim. However you have been injured, you could find you are eligible to claim a personal injury settlement that can help you get back on your feet after your accident.

There’s no need to worry about upfront fees either as Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers work on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis, so anybody can afford to make a claim with us, regardless of their financial situation.

Public Places

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )