Steps to take after accidents on the roads in Clackmannanshire
Road accidents are not uncommon and fortunately, a lot of incidents tend to be minor. Nevertheless, there are individuals who suffer extremely bad injuries because of accidents on the roads in Clackmannanshire, just as there is everywhere else in the UK. Irrespective of the extent of your injuries, if you have been injured in such an incident, you will need to ensure you handle everything in the correct manner if you are to make an accident claim. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover the steps you should take after accidents on the roads in Clackmannanshire.
- Get medical attention – The first thing you need to do is make sure you deal with your injuries. If anyone is seriously injured you will need to call an ambulance. If you haven’t been injured too badly, you can complete the upcoming steps about getting the contact details and such like first, and then you can go and see a doctor. No matter how minor your injuries may be, it is vital to see a medical professional. If you do not do this you will struggle to make an accident claim, as there will be no proof of your injuries.
- Get contact details – Get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. You will need their name, address and telephone number. You should also get the details of their insurer, and take note of the make of their vehicle and the registration number. Contact details of anyone that witnessed the accident can also prove to be very useful.
- Take photographs – If there is any damage to your car or the street you should take photographs as this will work as great evidence.
- Make note of what happened – It is always a good idea to sit down and make a note of what occurred. This ensures you do not forget anything important later down the line.
- Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline – Finally, give us a call! We are one of the leading law companies in the UK, and thus you can be certain that there is no one better to handle your accident claim in Clackmannanshire.
Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today
Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today by calling either our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500, or if you are using a mobile call 0333 500 0993. Chatting to our very friendly advisors puts you under no obligation to make a claim, so make sure you call them today with the knowledge that you will not be pressured into claiming compensation.
Date Published: 14th June 2015
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts