Guide to claiming compensation after an accident in Monmouthshire
If you have been hurt in an accident in Monmouthshire, we may be able to help you get compensation for your injury and any inconvenience your accident caused you. This short guide will tell you what you need to know about claiming personal injury compensation.
What is a personal injury?
- Personal injury can be any illness or injury, psychological or physical.
This could be anything from whiplash to a life changing physical condition such as food poisoning or asbestosis, from stress to severe post traumatic stress disorder.
Hopefully your injury is a relatively minor one, but even minor injuries can have serious consequences for our well being and our finances, that is why you are entitled to compensation.
What accidents ‘count’?
If your personal injury/illness was caused by an accident, you can claim compensation, providing that the accident was someone else’s fault, and it took place within the past three years.
This accident may have happened:
- At work
- On the road
- In a public place
- Because of a faulty appliance or service
- At home (following poor work by a trader for example)
- Or on holiday
Checking if you qualify
By now you probably have a fair idea whether you qualify for compensation or not, but to confirm this you can use our 30 Second Compensation Calculator on our website, www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk. Alternatively you can call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and one of our advisers will be happy to help you.
After you have confirmed that you are eligible to claim compensation for your accident in Monmouthshire you will need a solicitor to help you. We are an injury law firm that can provide you with a ‘no win, no fee*’ injury lawyer to work on your claim.
Since we were founded in 2000, after the UK Government stopped funding legal aid for personal injury claims, we have helped thousands of people get to their compensation. This is compensation they may not have been able to get if faced with the often exorbitant up-front fee charged by many high street solicitors.
Over the past fourteen years we have streamlined our services to make the compensation process as stress-free as possible. We provide:
- Twenty four hour support via our helpline, which is staffed by friendly and sympathetic advisers who will give you obligation free help and support.
- Proficient injury lawyers. Because our lawyers work under our ‘no win, no fee*’ agreement you can be fully confident that they will do all that they can to make sure that your claim is successful, because if it isn’t, then they don’t get paid.
- Accident Advice Helpline’s patron is Esther Rantzen, long-serving champion of consumer rights.
- The majority of the claims we handle are settled out of court.
To talk to one our advisers now about your accident in Monmouthshire, call our twenty-four hour helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile phone. All calls are confidential.