What is an accident management company?
An accident management company is a company that handles compensation claims on behalf of clients. They act as a facilitator, matching a client to a suitable solicitor and assisting in the process of settling a claim out of court.
What can an accident management company do?
A good accident management company can:
- Offer you advice about whether you are eligible to make a claim for compensation and whether this is the best option for you
- Allocate your claim to a solicitor who specialises in cases similar to yours and is most appropriate for your circumstances
- Provide an estimate of how much your compensation claim might be worth, based on similar claims and precedents
- Offer you support and advice before, during and after your case
- Ease the burden of paperwork and administration, by handling appointments and referrals on your behalf and liaising with your solicitor
- Act as an interpreter to the complex world of personal injury law and translate jargon to everyday language
- Keep you informed of what events and milestones will happen in your case and help you understand what stage you are at
What can an accident management company not do?
- Act as your solicitor – Accident Advice Helpline can as we are specialists and have our own team of in-house solicitors
- Represent you in court – Accident Advice Helpline’s solicitors can
- Guarantee an amount of compensation – that is for you and your solicitor to discuss
- Pressure you into making a claim – no company should ever try to pressure you into making a claim, and we certainly will not
Do you need to use an accident management company?
You can use an accident management company to make a claim, but for a personal injury claim you do need specialised help. We are a full service law firm, that can help you with your compensation claim.
How should you choose the experts to help with your claim?
If you choose to use an accident management company you should always check that they are authorised and legally allowed to provide regulated claims management services. Remember that once you have chosen your someone, they will provide you with a contract. You should read your contract in full and if you change your mind, use your cooling off period.Open Claim Calculator
Make sure that you can get hold of your chosen company easily. You don’t want a small office that is only open 9-5, 5 days a week. Look for a company that will be able to talk to you at your convenience.
Our friendly advisors are here waiting to take your call. Ring them on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, today.