What do accident management companies do?
You may have seen accident management companies advertising their services on TV, radio and the internet. They are also sometimes called claims management companies or compensation providers.
Accident Advice Helpline is not an accident management company. We are a large personal injury law firm specialising in compensation claims. We have inhouse lawyers working for our clients and we handle your claim personally from start to finish.
Accident management companies on the other hand may outsource the legal work connected to the claim. You may find yourself having to pay hidden charges. Costs that are not directly associated with your accident injuries.
Advice on approaching the scene of an accident
- If the emergency services are already at the scene there is no need for you to stop unless you are directed to do so. Simply drive carefully past the accident and concentrate on your own driving.
- If you are the first to arrive, turn on your hazard lights to alert other road users.
- Call the emergency services giving the details and the exact location. That may be a road name or number. Give junction numbers if you can e.g. M4 westbound between junction 10 and 11. Hard shoulder markers also indicate your location.
- Do not move the casualties unless there is a fire or they are in mortal danger. The emergency services know how to do this correctly. Provide re-assurance that help is on the way. If you are trained then provide first aid.
- Keep away from any spilled chemicals and fuel. Do not smoke.
A guide to making a claim
- Forget accident management companies and ring a specialist law firm like Accident Advice Helpline and give them the details of the accident.
- There are certain details that it is a good idea to collect at the scene of an accident such as the number of vehicles involved and the contact details of all the drivers. It may be helpful to have pictures or sketches of the positions of the vehicles on the road.
- Take our unique 30-second test; it will indicate if you have grounds for a claim. You then decide if you want to start the claims process.
- Once you have been offered a personal injury lawyer, you can provide further details of the money that you have lost because you are injured.
- You will probably have to attend a medical assessment, but that’s about it. The rest of the claim will be handled over the telephone.
- You will find out how much money you have been awarded at the end of the claim.
To discuss your claim with a member of Accident Advice Helpline’s expert team dial 0800 689 0500 now from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.