How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Accident legal advice in Pendle

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Pendle

    While you are likely to need to access accident legal advice in Pendle if you want to make a claim for compensation one of the first things you should actually think about doing is making sure that you have all the necessary medical advice.

    Not only does this make sense from the simple matter of your health – you will after all want to make sure that you are OK and that any injuries are dealt with properly – but it will also help as far as your claim is concerned.

    In order for a claim to proceed you, via your legal team, will have to demonstrate that you meet the criteria for making a claim.  This will include demonstrating what your injuries were and what impact they have had on your life. The only way to do this properly is through access to your medical records which will show what injuries you sustained, what treatment was needed and any other relevant information.

    Checking you can make a claim

    On top of this relevant medical evidence and information there is other information that is likely to be required.  Who caused the accident and ultimately who will be held accountable for what happened to you will also be required.  This is essential to ensure that a claim is being made against the right person.  There is no point in starting a claim against one person only to have to cancel that and start another one against someone else.

    Another important factor that will need to be considered is when the accident actually occurred. For the majority of claims it is important that they are started within three years of the date of the accident occurring. Anything longer than this and there is every chance that you will not be able to receive any compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    However, there are some situations in which this time limit can be extended.  The main one is when a minor was injured – they are not able to make a claim in their own right until they reach the age of 18. Therefore the time limit will be extended for three years after their right to claim (i.e. they have until their 21st Birthday to start the process).  If you have an industrial disease you want to claim for then you also have three years to start a claim from the date of diagnosis.

    Get accident legal advice in Pendle

    If you want to find out more call Accident Advice Helpline today for free advice and an assessment of your rights. Just dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to a member of our team.

    Date Published: 14th October 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.