Accidents happen every day. In fact, it is believed that more than three million people get injured in the UK on a yearly basis. If you have been injured, and the accident was not your fault, there is a very high chance that you will be entitled to compensation. Of course, your solicitor will be largely responsible for ensuring that you get the amount you deserve. However, there are steps you can take to help your accident lawyers in West Midlands. In this post, we are going to look at what your accident lawyers in West Midlands need from you.
What do your accident lawyers in West Midlands need from you?
- The details of the accident – Your solicitor will need to know where the accident happened, when it happened and how it happened. The date is particularly important, as there is a three-year time limit on all personal injury cases. This may seem like a long time, but the quicker you claim, the easier you will find it, as the details will be fresh in your mind. Remember that court proceedings must be issued within this time frame.
- The contact details of any witnesses – Witness statements can help to strengthen your case.
- Details of your injuries – Your doctor will provide a medical report that will state your injuries, the medical diagnosis and the recommended course of treatment.
- Any documents that can be used to support your claim
- Proof of loss of earnings – Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work through the recovery phase? If so, you can claim for this as a special damage, however, you will need to have proof of your income loss.
- Proof of any financial expenses that have resulted from your injury – Again, you will be able to claim for these, but you will need proof. Examples include prescription expenses, the cost of treatment, counselling expenses, childcare costs, travel expenses, vehicle repair costs, the cost of adapting your accommodation and much more.
- Whether you are a member of a trade union – Last but not least, it is in your interests to inform your solicitor if you are part of a trade union if you have suffered a workplace accident.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Lines are open 24/7, so you can call us any time to talk about claiming with accident lawyers in West Midlands.
You can try the 30 second test on our website. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.
Or you can text ‘Claim365’ to 88010.
Date Published: 24th June 2015
Author: David Brown