Had an accident while at work?
Accidents at work are commonplace as we spend increasing amounts of our lives working longer hours and travelling for our jobs. However, the injuries that are sustained as a result of work-related accidents can be serious and cause the casualties to be forced to take long periods off work while they heal.
If the accidents weren’t caused by your fault and happened within the last three years, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using the Accident Advice Helpline’s accident lawyers in Windsor.
Workshops are by their nature busy and noisy environments. Garages, in particular, have a constant movement of vehicles in and out of the workshop on to high-level ramps which move up and down regularly. This challenging environment makes it highly susceptible to accidents occurring.
Staying safe in the workshop
- Always wear protective equipment such as overalls, steel toe capped boots and goggles when working in this environment. If a tool or piece of machinery is dropped, then it is unlikely to break a bone in your foot if you are wearing the correct safety footwear.
- Wear masks and goggles if using corrosive chemicals and ensure that there is adequate ventilation.
- Be mindful of tidiness and cleanliness. Replace tools and equipment where you find them and ensure that they are returned in good condition, checked and cleaned.
- Avoid trailing wires across the workshop floor as these represent a trip and fall hazard.
- Ensure that you use the correct tool for the job. Don’t be tempted to use something that isn’t designed for what you want it to achieve; it could break or shatter causing an injury.
- Wipe up spillages promptly using the appropriate cleaning fluids.
- Be vigilant about broken and damaged equipment and tools. It is your duty to be responsible and report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Ensure that any accidents are reported in the Accident Book and treated promptly by a trained First Aider.
Looking for accident lawyers in Windsor? Call Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured as the result of a workshop accident that wasn’t caused by your own fault within the last three years, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyers in Windsor.
Call their helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and you will be offered no-obligation advice about claiming for your injury using their professional accident lawyers in Windsor. These injury lawyers in Windsor are highly trained and have a wealth of experience concerning the processing of personal injury compensation claims. Why not try their unique online test and find out in 30 seconds if you can claim using their accident lawyers in Windsor?Open Claim Calculator