Injured in a road traffic accident? You need help from accident lawyers in Wattisfield
Road traffic accidents are probably one of the most common types of accident that the emergency services attend every day, over 190,000 of them involving serious injuries and deaths were reported last year.
Regardless of the types of vehicles involved, road traffic accidents can cause serious injuries to drivers, passengers and even pedestrians in a blink of an eye. If you have been injured because of another motorists negligence and would like to receive expert legal advice from accident lawyers in Wattisfield, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today.
What causes road traffic accidents to happen?
Road traffic accidents generally occur for the following reasons:
- losing control of a vehicle travelling at speed
- driving too close to the vehicle in front
- lacking concentration
- driving recklessly
- driving too fast for the road and weather conditions
- failing to look carefully enough
- driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
What should I do if I am involved in a road traffic accident?
Many people don’t know their legal obligations if they were unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident. It is not good enough to remain ignorant of the law.
In fact, many people are taken to court each year and fined or even sentenced, for failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
- STOP. At the scene of an accident if you are involved, you have to STOP your vehicle and check that others are not injured.
- If others are injured, you MUST offer them first aid.
- You must CALL the emergency services to ensure that they are informed of the accident and help is summoned.
- Exchange your contact and insurance details with other parties involved in the collision.
- Ask witnesses to provide their details.
- Ask bystanders to direct the traffic to keep the roads clear for the emergency services to access the location of the accident.
- Keep SAFE. Switch off your engine and those of other vehicles involved. Switch on hazard lights to warn others of your presence and location.
Claiming for your RTA injury using the services of accidentlawyers in Wattisfield
If you, or someone you were travelling with, has suffered injuries as the result of a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then call the Accident Advice Helpline. Their telephone helpline service is open 24/7 to handle your call and direct you to their team of injury lawyers in Wattisfield.
One of their injury lawyers in Wattisfield will be your named contact for the duration of your claim and process your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis. In fact, the injury lawyers in Wattisfield have over 16 years’ experience of processing RTA injury claims and obtaining highly successful outcomes for those injured through no fault of their own.
Or you could complete the 30-second test online, for an estimate of the amount of compensation you may be awarded.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone.