Ride safely on the back of a motorbike
Although it is important to know how to ride safely on a motorbike of your own, it is just important to learn how to be safe on someone else’s motorbike. If you have a friend, partner or family member with a motorbike, you may choose to ride on it with them on a regular basis, and simply wearing a helmet will not be enough to protect you if you do run into trouble.
Motorbike accidents are not uncommon, so it is important that you have all of the information possible to keep yourself safe before you get on the bike for the first time. This way you can be sure that even from that first ride you are taking every precaution you can.
- Check that the driver has ridden with a passenger before. Even the most experienced motorcycle rider may not be experienced with driving with a passenger. The extra weight and shift of balance that comes from having someone else riding on the bike can make this very dangerous if your driver is not used to it.
- Dress appropriately. You should always be wearing a helmet, but will also want to wear covering clothing, and even a thick jacket that will protect you if you do fall from the bike.
- Keep your visor down. A lot of people don’t like the feeling of a visor and so will keep the visor up on their helmet. However, this can be very dangerous as your face is then exposed to the elements. If something flies into your face at speed it can unbalance you or simply hurt a lot!
- Make sure the passenger foot pegs are down. This will help you to gain more traction than simply holding onto the driver and hoping for the best!
- Lean with the driver. To ride a motorbike you need to be leaning into any turn, and should follow direction from your driver so that you know when and how far to lean.
Finding accident lawyers in Wadhurst
If you have been injured on someone else’s bike, and the accident was either their fault, or the fault of another driver, you may want to consider claiming compensation. If you are looking for
The best way to get compensation is to go through injury lawyers Wadhurst, who will work on your behalf to get you the full amount in compensation.
Get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today
The Accident Advice Helpline works with a team of dedicated and experienced injury lawyers in Wadhurst who will do their best to give you the most stress free and successful compensation experience possible.
You can call the helpline 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and will speak to the team about your accident.
If they agree that you have a good case for compensation you will be passed onto injury lawyers in Wadhurst who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve.