Alva, a small town in Clackmannanshire, Scotland, developed as a centre for textile manufacture at the time of the Industrial Revolution. Alva textile production has since declined, but the Mill Trail Centre stands as a permanent reminder of the historical industry. Manufacturing of all kinds can lead to injuries and you may need accident lawyers in Alva to help you make a compensation claim.
Modern day textile manufacture
The textile industry remains a potentially hazardous pursuit in which to be employed. The Health and Safety Executive aim to reduce work-related accidents by providing employers with a set of stringent health and safety rules and guidelines. When an accident at work takes place, accident lawyers in Alva may be required to help you make a claim against your employer.
Special attention must be given to the following safety risks within the manufacture of textiles:
- Fires and explosion: Within the textile industry, many of the products and waste materials are flammable.
- Dust: As well as being able to cause explosions and fires, dust can lead to respiratory illnesses for employees.
- Chemicals and dyes: Exposure to chemicals can cause burns to skin and respiratory conditions if workers are not provided with the correct safety equipment.
- Knives: These must only be used where absolutely necessary and the correct knife, training and safety protection must be provided by the employer.
- Bales and bale handling: Typical hazards are caused by incorrect manual handling, unsafe stacking of bales, and the dangerous use of vehicles and lifting equipment.
Accident Advice Helpline and your claim
Accident Advice Helpline are legal specialists who can help you with a compensation claim. We have over 15 years of experience, and have streamlined our service to make it easier for you. Our advisors are able to assess your claim, provide a compensation estimate and start your claim, and all over the phone. All you have to do is confirm a few details.
- Your accident must have been someone else’s fault.
- You must be calling to start your claim within 3 years of your accident.
- You must visit a doctor to receive treatment for your injuries.
We won’t even ask for any money to get your claim started because we always work on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Do you require accident lawyers in Alva?
If you have been injured while at work, we could help you claim for an accident at work or industrial illness.
All you need to do is call 0800 689 0500, which is free from a landline, or you can call 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Make sure you get the help of the best accident lawyers in Alva, and talk to Accident Advice Helpline now.
Date Published: 4th November 2013
Author: David Brown